With homelessness, everything can change. Our story begins here in Newmarket and we need new team members to join our mission.
Our Mission is to sustain and inspire people who are homeless to change their own lives by the provision of accommodation and support; to provide relief to persons experiencing poverty, hunger and physical and mental disability and to change perceptions and attitudes towards these people.
The kindness of people is the only way that we can make a difference in the local community and you can help us achieve this through being resourceful and responsive as a volunteer at Newmarket Open Door.
If you have heaps of enthusiasm, great customer service skills, a creative flare, leadership skills and are passionate about directly helping local people affected by homelessness, we would love to hear from you.
Newmarket Open Door are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable young adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All volunteers and trainees complete an application form and are interviewed, on starting they receive induction training and a copy of the Volunteers Handbook
You can volunteer any time between 9.30 am and 4 pm six days per week. Hours are flexible to suit volunteers and trainees. Please complete our application form by clicking on the link below.
- Drive one of our vans – Provided you are over 25 and have a clean driving licence
- Help with collections and deliveries – Provided you are able to lift a reasonable weight
- help run our on-line sales operation
- Sort and display bric-a-brac, clothing and furniture
- help in one of our charity superstores, even be an assistant manager
- be our communications and social media volunteer
- be our marketing and fund raising guru
- and enjoy yourself!
Helping others helps yourself!
Retail Shop Manager
Location – Newmarket charity superstore
Post end date – 29th April 22
The working hours are 24 hours (4 days) per week (to be agreed). Flexible from Mon-Sat.
The salary is £10.22 p/h.